A couple weekends ago we finally found the time to work on staining the deck. Kyle and I started about 10 in the morning and, of course, the girls wanted to help paint too. I got them distracted for awhile by getting the pool out but that didn't last long so I got out some of their paints to do outside on paper. That didn't last too long either so I told them to paint each other (originally thinking little face painting) but they took it a little further. At least it kept them happy and busy for awhile then they rinsed off in the pool. They did so good keeping themselves busy all day so we could get it done.
We had finished all the railing and had the base part halfway done when we saw the dark clouds coming in. Let's just say it was a race to see if we could get it done. We seriously just finished the steps at 6 p.m. when it started raining - Darn! So.... it looked pretty good for the most part but we had to spend the next weekend re-staining the base part and around the outside. It didn't take nearly as long and I think it turned out great!
Now, we just need to find time for the fence... :)




Having ice cream on the finished product.


1 comment:
The deck looks fantastic!!
Post a Comment