Monday, May 4, 2009

Councilman Harrison

It's official (well, almost completely)! Kyle is now part of the Champaign City Council and will be sworn in tomorrow night. He decided last fall to run for our district when the incumbant decided to retire. He was elected in April. He's been on the planning commission and has friends on the council who prompted him to think about running. Luckily, he ran uncontested so there wasn't alot of campaigning or walking the neighborhoods. He's always been one to have opinions on things and I think he'll do really well in helping make decisions for the future of the city, especially for our kids' future. It's only one meeting a week (in theory)and he's already been going to most of them. I suppose it does mean we'll stay in this house for at least four years, his term, because there aren't many other neighborhoods we'd want to move to in our district. I'm so proud of him for taking on this challenge and I know he'll do great! http://www.news-gazette.com/news/2009/05/03/new_council_members_ready_to_be_sworn_in

No comments: