Wednesday, February 4, 2009

New family pics

I had made an appt to get pictures taken. I take them each year at the girls' birthday time and thought it would be good to get new family ones done at the same time. Well, the first week, Kira had a scratch on her cheek and Kyle needed to reschedule for work. The next week, it was a bad snowstorm that we didn't want to go out. Finally, today, we got out and got them done. I think they turned out pretty good. Kaylee did not like doing her individual shot and was pretty much burned out at the end but she did great. Kira is quite a little poser and had fun doing it.

We were at the mall and went to get lunch after and had promised them a merry-go-round ride if they did good at pictures. We got to the food court and saw the merry-go-round was closed for maintenance. Ooops! They were both disappointed but I told them it would make it even more fun because now we can come back in a couple days and do it then. Two trips to the mall! ;) Anyway, it was fun and will be good to have some new, updated photos to put up.






This is the first time Kaylee has done finger-painting. Usually, it's an activity Kira does while Kaylee naps but I decided to let her try. She had fun but didn't do very much before she wanted to wash her hands. She doesn't like to get too messy or dirty.

This is our new ride. We finally broke down and got the minivan. I swore I would NEVER drive one but here I am. Comfort and practicality won out. I do love it already - so convenient and is has all the goodies for me to play with. ;)

4 comments:

Mandi said...

You gave into the MINI VAN?????????hehe! I am sure it is really nice, congrats!
I love the family pictures, so cute! You better watch out with that little Kira, she is going to be a heart breaker.
How fun it is to see all your new pictures. I miss you guys! I hope you are all doing well and having a wonderful New Year!
HUGS!

Tiff Gatten said...

Darling pics. Those girls are so cute. Love the family pic too. I drove the van for awhile too. No shame in it. I moved to the SUV when the boys got bigger than me. :)

AZ Bunkers said...

Hey Amy - I too swore I would never drive a minivan, but we have a Honda Odyssey! I do have to say that minivans are nicer now than when we were growing up. What kind did you get? Your girls are adorable! I love the family picture - we need one done so badly.

Well, we got the move done & are in Sierra Vista. Last night on the news they said we may have snow by Tuesday! My kids are so excited! Looks like you have plenty of snow! Hope all is well with you! I'll e-mail you our address.

Take Care!
Jenn

Sonya said...

Beautiful family pics! Your girls are so girly...wish mine were! I have to beg to do their hair on Sundays for church and negotiate hairdos...really, really sad :). Mini vans rock!