Friday, February 13, 2009

Bathtime and Dancers

Today I put the kids in the bath in the afternoon #1 to find something for them to do for awhile and #2 because Kira and Daddy were going to a Daddy Daughter dance tonight and I knew she wouldn't have a chance to have a bath this evening. I put them in our whirlpool tub and they had a blast! They played for awhile then I washed them up with shampoo and soap. They then turned on the whirlpool and just the residue from the soap created all these bubbles. Well, that kept them busy about another half an hour. Fun times!



Kira was SOOOO excited to go to the ball with her prince tonight. We got her all dressed up and they had a great time. Although at about 8:00 Kira told Kyle she was ready to come home because she was tired. The dance was supposed to go till 9 (which is way past her bedtime) so they came home early. She was just beaming. I'm glad they had a fun time and she looked so beautiful!



We've had a few beautiful days here. The girls loved being able to go outside and play just in their jackets. It almost felt like spring. Of course, it's cooled down again now and we're expecting a few small snow storms but we sure enjoyed the sunshine while it was here.

Kira and Kaylee decided to get out Kira's play makeup and used up about all of it at once. That was fun to try and get off.





I went to Kira's preschool parent/teacher conference today. It was fun to hear how she's been doing. Her teacher said she's doing really well in the class. Follows instructions, is learning what she's supposed to be, seems to enjoy it all. She also said that Kira is very "assertive" for her age and for being a girl and definitely a leader in her class. She said it's a very good quality and positive but that she sometimes struggles with letting other kids make their own choices. I've really noticed it myself in that she always wants everyone to do what she wants when she wants to. I think it will get better with time and as we keep telling her that everyone has their own choices and can decide what they want to do. I'm pretty proud of my smart little girl.
Happy Valentine's to everyone tomorrow!

No comments: