Monday, December 14, 2009
Getting ready for Christmas
We finally got our Christmas tree this year. We waited until we got back from Wisconsin. I had an artificial tree for years but Kyle likes live ones so we've gotten live ones the last few years. Since it was so close to Christmas, I told Kyle just to get a decent, smaller one but he came home with this beauty. It's huge! It smells so good and looks so pretty. The kids helped decorate a little but they had already done their little ones in their room so weren't too interested.


Every year we do a gingerbread house. Let me just say that I will never be a cake or cookie decorator. I do such a poor job but it doesn't really matter because the kids just love putting all the candy on (and eating the majority of it). It turned out ok and they really had fun doing it.


This was Kira most of the time. Her fingers were either in the frosting bowl or the candy bowl eating it.
Such fun stuff getting ready. Most of the kids' shopping is done but I still have a little left to do for the grown-ups. Then the wrapping begins! I like to try and get it done before the week of Christmas so I can just enjoy the fun of it. We'll see...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Hey lady!
Thanks so much for the Christmas card. Love hearing from you all. Your girls are growing up so fast and are just SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Just like their mom. So fun to see the pictures all the time and to peek at your world every now and then. Merry Christmas to you all and Happy Holidays!
Post a Comment