Saturday, December 12, 2009

Family Fun in Wisconsin

We had a wonderful visit with my family Dec. 4-8th. We stayed at Ryan and Michelle's house in Wisconsin. My mom and dad and Mitch and Kimberly all flew in from Utah. The main reason for the get together is that Ryan had tickets for the Green Bay Packers game for Monday night football and invited Kyle, Mitch and my dad to come. Well, I just informed them that the kids and I were coming for the weekend too and then my mom and Kimberly decided to come too. It was great!

The first day we went to a Children's Museum and it was so cool. The kids could have spent all day there. They were so excited to get back and see Grandma and Grandpa though.



That evening we went to a drive-through light show. At the end, we got out and saw Santa and his reindeer. My girls wouldn't go near Santa this year either. Maybe next year... it was still so fun seeing it all.

Kira and Olivia had a ball playing together all weekend. Actually, they all played together so nicely. We celebrated Christmas together on Sunday. Nice dinner, games, cookies, presents. What could be better?


Modeling some of the white elephant gifts.


Then it was time to decorate cookies. Yummy!


They had so much fun opening gifts from Grandma and Grandpa.

On Monday the ladies took the kids to Monkey Joes while the guys went to the game. I had never been to anything like that before but it was great! They had tons of inflatable slides, bouncy houses, etc. I wish they had something like that around where we live. The kids played for hours and had a blast!

During our visit, the kids got to meet "Freddy". The Elf that was living at their cousin's house. (it's the Elf on a Shelf) Kira decided to ask Freddy if he could ask Santa if an elf could come to our house too. Well, the day after we got home Freddy's cousin, "Frankie", appeared on the kitchen table. Kira was so amazed! She kept saying "I can't believe he's really here. It sure it good I asked Freddy to have a friend come to our house." Each morning first thing she has wanted to come downstairs to find Frankie. She had to call her cousins and tell them that Frankie is now visiting our house. It's so cute to see the magic of the season through a child's eyes. I love it!!!

Thanks again to Ryan and Michelle for hosting us all in their lovely home. We had such a good time seeing the family for a quick weekend. Love you all!

No comments: