Since then, it's been a little chilly around here but today it finally warmed up this afternoon. I had bought a little pool last week that they've been begging to get out and play in. We got it out today and I didn't think they would last too long in it but they had a great time! It was so fun just to sit out on the patio, relax and watch the girls giggling. Can't beat it!
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Storms and Swimtime!
So on Friday night we were supposed to have a little family picnic at Kira's school but there were storms supposed to be coming so they cancelled it. Well, a couple of us families decided to pick up dinner and go to a park so we could still have some fun. The weather didn't look that bad yet. The kids played for awhile then as we were eating, the rain started coming down! We ran to the cars and decided to come back to our house to hang out for awhile. The kids all had a great time playing and just as one family was about to leave, the storm hit hard. There was a tornado watch/warning going on (they didn't sound the sirens so it wasn't that bad). Kyle was still at the office and tried to come home but couldn't even see so he turned around and went back. We ended up going to our basement just to be on the safe side and the kids thought it was fun to be playing around down there. I felt so bad though because we keep our cats down there at night and it was a gross mess! When it slowed down a little, they left but called and said they got about halfway home and the streets were too flooded to go further. Kyle finally made it home ok and they made it home later. I really don't like these kind of storms living out here. I get so nervous about it although Kira really wanted to sleep in the basement that night so it didn't bother her too much. It was just an adventure.
Since then, it's been a little chilly around here but today it finally warmed up this afternoon. I had bought a little pool last week that they've been begging to get out and play in. We got it out today and I didn't think they would last too long in it but they had a great time! It was so fun just to sit out on the patio, relax and watch the girls giggling. Can't beat it!
.JPG)
Since then, it's been a little chilly around here but today it finally warmed up this afternoon. I had bought a little pool last week that they've been begging to get out and play in. We got it out today and I didn't think they would last too long in it but they had a great time! It was so fun just to sit out on the patio, relax and watch the girls giggling. Can't beat it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment