Monday, January 18, 2010

Miss you, Callie!

Today was a very sad day.  I had to take Callie in and let her go.  She's not been well the last month or so but last week, she got to where she was struggling to breathe.  I took her to the vet and they ran standard labs and gave her antibiotics but it didn't seem to help.  I actually was hoping that she would pass peacefully at home but she didn't.  She couldn't eat, drink, or even rest comfortably so I took her back in today and said my goodbyes.  She was the most loving, beautiful, sweet cat.  I rescued her from the humane society eleven years ago and she was my best friend through several years.  It was such a hard decision but I knew it was best for her after seeing how she was suffering.  I loved her dearly and will miss her greatly.  May she now be happy, healthy and loved in heaven.



No comments: