Sunday, January 10, 2010

Kira's 5th Birthday

Happy Birthday, Kira!  I can't believe my first little baby is five years old already!  She has grown up so fast and the years have just flown by.  She was born Jan. 10, 2005 8:47 p.m. weighing 7 lbs. 12 oz.  What a journey these last five years have been with her.  My life is so different than I ever imagined and I am so grateful I have had the chance to be a mother to these wonderful girls.

We had a nice big breakfast together.  Kira has loved playing bowling on the Wii so we decided to go bowling together as a family for the first time ever.  The kids loved it!  Kira thought it was so much fun to do it all.  We only bowled one round then had lunch.

Of course, as everything goes lately, Kaylee "can do it myself"



Nice shot, dad!



Kira had such a fun time.



Woo Hoo!  Way to go!



Player #1 Kaylee, #2 Kira, #3 Amy, #4 Kyle.  Kyle barely beat me on the last frame - dang it!  None of us got a very good score.



My first ever attempt at decorating a cake.  Nothing too fancy or pretty but Kira seemed to like it. She had wanted Strawberry cake and icing.



Ooooopppsssss!  It fell off the counter.  You should have seen Kira's face.  But, no worries, mom came to the rescue!



Opening gifts. 



Yippeee!!! She really wanted one of these. Maybe she should bake her own cake?



A new Tinkerbell rocking chair for her room.



While everyone started eating, I threw together another cake mix.  I had some frosting left over so it all came together just fine.  Still not pretty but it made her happy.






Two cakes on the same day - how many kids get that?? ;)


Next up is Kyle's birthday next Saturday then Kaylee's a couple weeks after that. Busy month! We have a combined party for Kira and Kaylee in between their birthdays for their friends to come to. Such fun!

1 comment:

Tiff Gatten said...

2 cakes, Yeah! lol. She's just beautiful like her mama.