Saturday, November 29, 2008

We are the Griswalds

We hope everyone had a very happy Thanksgiving. We did! We went to Kyle's dad's house for dinner and stuffed ourselves, as usual. It was fun seeing all his family there. It was even warm enough (kind of) that we took the kids over to a park to play outside for a little bit. Mom was ready to come home before they were.

The day after, I went out to do some of the sale shopping. I lost track of how many stores I went to but most of them I just looked around, realized what I wanted wasn't even on sale so wasn't about to spend all the time waiting in a checkout line. I finally got most everything for the kids and cousins at one store. I still have a few more things to pick up but have made a good start on it.

We also spent the afternoon putting out all our decorations inside and the rest of the lights outside. When we stood back and looked at the house, we had to chuckle. We even had a neighbor come outside and ask us "Griswalds" what we were up to. The kids really like it so that's what matters most. We did everything but get our tree. Since we leave for UT on Weds and will be gone awhile, we decided we'll have to pick up a tree when we get back (we get a live one). At least I will want to keep it up till New Year's since we won't be around to enjoy it alot. Normally, right after Christmas, I've gotten tired of seeing all the stuff and want it done.

We're very excited to see my family. Can't believe it's so close now and that Christmas is so close too. Can't wait!!




1 comment:

Tiff Gatten said...

Lovin' the lights. Man your girls are growing like crazy.