Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009

We went to Curtis Orchard again this year to pick out our pumpkins. We usually just get some from up front but it seemed like they didn't have a great selection so we decided to make the walk back to the pumpkin patch to see if there was any more to choose from.

Not too much. They were pretty picked over and most that were left were bruised but we did find some good ones out of the bunch to bring home.

Kira had her preschool Halloween party on Weds. She was sad that Kaylee didn't get to stay for the party this year like we did last year but I think they had a great time.
It's time to carve the pumpkins! The girls were so excited to starts doing it. Last year Kaylee wouldn't hardly touch them but this year she dug right in and was so helpful getting all the seeds out. For the first time, I tried getting all the seeds out and roasting them. I did a batch with cinnamon and sugar and another one that was salty. They both were so yummy!




Kyle and I went to an adults only party again this year at a friend's house. The kids liked seeing our costumes this year. We had a really fun time at the party.

On Halloween, we took the kids tailgating before the Illinois game (I didn't go to the game so I could do all the Halloween stuff). It was pretty cold so most of the kids sat in our friend's van and watched a movie. It was fun hanging out with everyone.

We got the kids dressed up and went to Grandpa and Grandma's house to show them their costumes. Kira said "Kaylee, look at this"
"No, I don't want to!"
Who is that??
Silly Grandpa!!
We went to a party at a neighbor's house and all the kids went trick-or-treating together from there. We ran into Santa in front of a house. They thought that was so cool! Kaylee kept saying "I like Santa because he is so cute".

We had such a fun and busy Halloween. The only drawback was that the day before, I got hit in the van while driving home. A teenage boy ran through a stop sign (he said he brakes weren't working - yeah, right). Thankfully, we were all ok but now it's just the inconvenience of having to get the van fixed and all that.

Hope all our family and friends enjoyed the holiday too! Now, on to Thanksgiving and Christmas already. Wow...

No comments: