Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009!

Well, I can't believe another year is upon us already. I am amazed how each year seems to fly by faster than the last one. I'm really looking forward to a great year. I haven't really had time to sit down and think of resolutions. They're always along the same theme lose weight, exercise, eat healthier, yell less at the kids, make more time for my husband, do more things just for me, etc. I know you need details in order to really try to accomplish them so I need to sit down and write it down. I suppose that will be my first resolution, to make the list. Hope that actually happens. ;)

We had a really fun New Years. Kyle's neice and her friend came over to watch the girls while we went to a party at a friend's house. We had a fun time hanging out, eating, playing card games, etc. Kyle really got into playing poker and didn't want to leave. We didn't leave until 2 a.m. (getting home about 2:30). I was about ready to go just after midnight (yes, I'm getting old!). Speaking of midnight... know where my darling husband was at the magic moment? In the bathroom! He couldn't wait even two more minutes to go. So, I got my little kiss after midnight. Nice. lol

We got home and went right up to bed and we always check on the kids before we go to sleep. Mistake! Kira was fine but we must have woken Kaylee up and once she saw me, it was all over. She started fussing and crying. We tried to let her go thinking she'd go back to sleep but didn't. Kyle went in after a few minutes and tried to rock her. He said she was back asleep (for about 3 minutes) then she started crying again. I went and checked her diaper, got her a drink, gave her a kiss, etc but she still kept crying. By this time (3 a.m.) I just wanted her to stop and to get to sleep so I took my pillows and a blanket and laid down on her floor. I figured if I was there, she'd go back to sleep and I could sneak out. Nope. She talked to herself, sang, played and just had a great time until about 4:30. I kinda dozed through that but by then I had enough. I told her goodnight and went back to bed. She cried again but I just let her go. Didn't take long till she fell back asleep. All was good until Kira came in at 7:30. I made her come into bed with us and watch a couple shows while I tried to doze a little longer (and I wanted to give the girls downstairs more time to sleep). Anyway, we finally got up and I cooked breakfast for everyone. It was a very long night - about 4 hrs sleep (reminds me of having a newborn and being sleep deprived), I'm very tired and it will be a long day but overall, lots of fun. At least the girls have been playing pretty good together this morning so I have a little space (as I watch Kyle snooze on the couch). ;) We're supposed to go to the mall in a little while and go see a movie while Kyle's mom comes to watch the kids. Don't know if we'll make it for sure but I sure hate to pass up the opportunity to get out when she volunteered to watch the kids.

I hope everyone had a good New Years and wish you all the best in 2009!

2 comments:

Tiff Gatten said...

Ya know, things don't get much better in the sleep department when you have teens. My 18 year old came home after 4 a.m., and I'm old so I woke up on my own a 6 a.m. I'm so tired right now. Have a wonderful year. I can't wait to read all about it.

Enjoy your movie. That's what I should do, but I told Rick he needed to take down Christmas lights.lol I'm sure he won't be to disappointed if I change the plan.

Sonya said...

Just wait a few years and you can send her into the oldests room! We bought Amanda a queen bed so her youngest sister can sleep with her! It has worked out great :). Happy New Year!