We had such a fun Christmas! On Christmas Eve, we made sugar cookies for Santa and I did alot of other baking/cooking that day. Usually, we go to Kyle's mom's house Christmas Eve and do all the gifts there but Kyle's stepsister wasn't able to come up because of the weather. She decided to come up on Christmas Day so we had quite a long, busy Christmas day. On Christmas Eve, we put out some cookies and milk for Santa and wrote him a note.
Kira came in about 7:15 and wanted to get up right then. Kaylee woke up shortly after so by the time we got everyone ready and downstairs, it was about 7:45. As we were getting ready, Kira came back and said she had peeked downstairs and saw that the cookies were gone. She thought that was pretty cool. (We have a gate on the stairs so she wasn't able to come all the way down to see everything). Santa wrote a note back to her. The kids were so amazed and excited when they walked in. Kira hadn't really known or asked Santa for anything specific but she seemed happy with what she got. They got a large dollhouse to share then other smaller gifts. Kira got a Sleeping Beauty doll and Kaylee got Cinderella that they could use in their dollhouse. We took our time opening gifts then we ate breakfast.
We got all ready then went to Kyle's dad's house about 11:30. We had a nice turkey and ham dinner with all the fixin's. The kids were so patient as we cleaned up and got ready to do gifts. Kira loved opening everything but Kaylee was getting tired and almost seemed like an effort to get her to open anything. Needless to say, she didn't get her nap that day. After that, we headed straight to Kyle's mom's house. We had a nice big dinner there then did gifts there too. There was so much stuff! The girls are definitely spoiled. Poor little Kaylee was so exhausted but she was such a trooper and hung in there and was in such a good mood. We finally left about 8:45 p.m. and they both fell asleep in the car on the way home. When we got home, Kaylee woke up as I was trying to take her in and she started asking for her babies so I had to find them out of the back of the car so she could take them to bed. Didn't take long for both of them to knock out.
What a wonderful day! We love all our family and thank them all so much for all the nice things we received.
On a side note, as we were finishing up with gifts, Kaylee started taking her pj's off and wanted to take her diaper off. She does that alot when she's getting wet. But, I had recently changed her so I didn't think she was wet. She walked into the bathroom and I heard her lift the toilet lid. I didn't think much of it but then she came in with a big smile on her face. I went to check and she had peed on the floor but at least she had the idea of what she was supposed to do, just didn't make it on to the toilet. I was so excited and praised her. I hope this is the first step and she's getting ready to be rid of the diapers. That would be nice!
Friday, December 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










2 comments:
What cute little girly girls. I'm glad your Christmas was so wonderful. Good luck with the potty training, and have a Happy New Year.
Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! The girls are so cute! I love the doll house - Emily would love it too. We had a great one too, I've just been too busy to update my blog. I'll do it soon. Now we are getting ready for the move.
Have a very Happy New year!
Post a Comment