Saturday, November 21, 2009

Daddy Daughter Dance

Kyle took the girls to the Daddy Daughter Dance at the Festival of Trees this year. They were SO excited to go with dad to the "ball". This was the first year that Kaylee got to go and she was thrilled. There were some other neighbor girls that went so they had a wonderful time. It's so exciting that it's this time of year already! I think I'm already getting more excited for Christmas than they are. Although, they've looked through the ads that have come and want nearly EVERYTHING. I've had to explain that Santa can't bring all that they want so we'll see how they react.

We got corsages for the girls and they thought it was so cool!

So gorgeous!
And the nails done to match.
On another note, looks like Kira will be having to have surgery to get tubes in her ears and her adnoids out. They did a standard hearing test at her school and she didn't pass. After more tests and a visit with the ENT, he said that she's got fluid and they want to try this surgery to see if it helps. It's just been such a shock because she has never had ear infections or had any indication she had trouble hearing. We have a history of hearing issues both on Kyle's and my side so it could be hereditary and we are just hoping that this surgery will help the issue and it's not something else. So, we also have Kaylee scheduled for tests in a couple weeks so that if she has problems too, we can catch it sooner.

We have been so lucky to have such normally healthy kids so I suppose it's just a hurdle to get past and hope it improves from there.

Otherwise, I'm doing really good after my surgery and healing up. We're looking forward to Thanksgiving next week then getting together in WI with my family the first of Dec. I LOVE this time of year!!

1 comment:

Tiff Gatten said...

Those girls are darling. The flowers are just over the top. Love it! I'm glad you are feeling better. Hope things go well with Kira, and hope Thanksgiving was ok. I saw you facebook post. :(