Tuesday, April 7, 2009

April fun

So Kyle pulled off the best surprise birthday party for me. About a week and a half before my birthday, I reminded him it was coming up. He kept asking me what I wanted to do. I said we could just have family over for ice cream and cake one day then he could take me to dinner one night. Of course, in the back of my mind I was thinking this is a milestone birthday and it would be fun to do something big but I didn't mention it. He played it that we were going to go to dinner on Sunday and even asked ME to get a sitter. I said no way, that it was my birthday and he could plan it. Well, the Weds. before my birthday he mentioned he had a craving for a certain type of pizza at a local restaurant. The next day, he was supposed to be having a late appt. but called in the afternoon to say that his appointment cancelled but he needed to meet clients for a short meeting right near that particular restaurant. So he said he'd pick us up and we could all go to dinner after his meeting. I didn't think much of it and agreed. When we got there, he took us around to some back stairs to go downstairs saying he wanted to show me something. On the way downstairs, there was one of Kira's friends and her sister coming up. Now, they live fairly far away from this place so I asked what they were doing there. The older sister said "Ummm, my mom wanted to come to play?". I had a feeling something was up. We walked down and I first saw balloons then Kyle's mom then I started scanning the crowd and saw everyone there. I was quite surprised at all the people who showed up. It was great! It's a nice place where they have a bunch of arcade type games for the kids and we pretty much had the downstairs area to ourselves for awhile so I could actually keep an eye on the kids but let them play while I had a chance to visit with all my friends. What a great night and fun way to spend the big 4-0! Thanks, honey, and all my friends and family who came out.



I sure felt the heat from the flame on all those candles!



Kaylee is such a little girl. She loves to get the polish out and try to paint her own neenas(fingers). This polish is almost like paste so it doesn't spill so I don't mind letting her go at it. It keeps her occupied for quite awhile.


While Kira is in school on Tuesdays, Kaylee and I go to a little arts/crafts class. Today she got to make a bunny ear hat and loved wearing it around all morning. She loves painting too. I just wish I was that creative to think of things for them to do at home.

Kira started soccer on Saturday. She really had a fun time running through all the drills and kicking the ball herself. The last 10 minutes or so, however, they divided into teams and had a scrimmage. She did NOT like that part. She got the pouty face and just walked around the field. She kept coming over to me (standing behind the white line) and saying she was done, she didn't want to play and wanted to come out. I said we had to stay until the coach said we were done. Afterwards, she wanted to leave her shirt and I said we take it home and wash it for next time. She melted down and said she was not ever coming back, didn't like soccer anymore, etc. I tried not to laugh. I think she'll have fun going again when it's warmer (and dryer) and if Kyle can practice with her some more.

Yesterday, April 6th, we woke up to snow AGAIN. Luckily it wasn't much but the kids begged to go outside and play. I got them all dressed up because I didn't want their pants getting all wet and muddy. They had fun. Kira was tossing snowballs and accidentally got one right in Kaylee's face. I had to laugh because Kaylee didn't cry but just wanted me to wipe it all off. It's cold today again but at least we have sunshine. I am SOOOO ready for warmer weather, no wind and playing outside.

This morning we woke up to find about five rabbits in our yard. They are out all over the place and already eating up all my plants. That's one more thing that I don't like about where we live. There are rabbits everywhere and you can't keep them off the plants. Hopefully I'll find some kind of flowers this year that they don't devour. I put planter boxes on the patio last year and found rabbits up in them and they ate the flowers completely to nothing.

I get to volunteer at Kira's school on Thursday when they do their Easter egg hunt so that will be fun. Kira is so excited for Easter and Kaylee is kinda getting the idea of it all so we're looking forward to a fun weekend. Then, the next weekend, we have a little trip scheduled to Indy! I am so excited we finally have it set up. We'll go stay at a hotel that has an indoor waterpark and go see the zoo. Just a weekender but at least we'll be away as a family. So, hopefully, I'll have more to update again soon. I haven't kept on here much but hasn't seemed like there's been alot going on.

Hope all is well with our family and friends. We miss all who are far away.

2 comments:

Bunker Family said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday. 40 isn't so old! I turn 41 next month. And anyway, we are still young at heart!

You're girls are so cute! It's amazing how they grow up so fast - isn't it!

Have fun in Indy! I'll try to send some sunshine your way!

Tiff Gatten said...

A Warm indoor water park sounds fun. Anything warm sounds fun. I swear Winter is here to stay.

Your hubby is so sweet. That's a lot of work for a dude, so kudos to him. I know I already wished you happy birthday, but I hope you have a great year ahead.

I think the bunnies are cute. I bet the girls like them. :)