Friday, February 29, 2008

Not much new...







Well, looks like almost a whole month has gone by and I haven't had much to write. We've been cold here and sick a bit but looking forward to some sunny, warmer days soon.

We had a nice Valentine's Day and went out to dinner as a family. On Feb. 15th, I took Kira in for her 3 yr checkup and Kaylee for her 1 yr. Kira breezed through pretty quickly. She weighed 32 lbs and is 38 1/4 inches (60th percentile for weight and 72nd for height). Kaylee was 24 lbs and 31 1/4 inches (85th for weight and 95th for height - big girl!). Kaylee had to get two shots and she did not like that at all. She got over it pretty quickly. Then, we had to take her to the lab to get a blood test to check for iron, lead, general blood work. They had said it would be a finger prick but ended up they had to draw from her arm! I had to sit and hold her while they first looked at one arm, then moved the rubber band to her other arm to check, then went back to the first arm. I had to hold her still, one nurse held her arm out straight and another put the needle in. Needless to say, she was screaming through all of this. I held it together pretty good through it all until after they were done and I looked at Kira who had been sitting behind the nurses and she had tears coming down her face. I lost it too but tried to say how everything would be ok and had Kira give Kaylee and hug and kiss too. Kira said "the doctor hurt Kaylee, we need to go home right now." Anyway, all tested fine with her so they are both growing well.

All us girls have had a cold this last week. Kira and I got feeling better after a few days but Kaylee seemed to have the worst of it. She had fevers for a few days and wouldn't eat much but she acts better now and seems to be doing better each day. Kaylee is officially a walker now. For a couple weeks, she's been off and going on her own. The last couple days, she's been able to get standing up from sitting on the floor with no help. It's amazing to see how fast she's changing now. She knows what I'm saying alot of the time. I'll ask where her shoes are and she looks at her feet. I ask if she wants a drink and she takes me to the fridge for her juice. Just stuff like that. She recognizes alot. I still don't know that she really has said a "first word". She will make similar sounds for certain things but I can't make out that she's saying the word yet. She is so cute and I just love this stage where they learn so fast.

I've been looking into preschools for Kira for next fall. There are a couple that look good but I went to an open house with Kira and her two best buddies (and their moms) last night and it was a great place. It would be fun if they could all go together. We'll see...

Kyle is getting so busy with work! He's got both Synergy stuff and Real Estate stuff going strong. It's really good considering how so many people are pessimistic about the real estate market these days. He's going to have to work most of the day tomorrow (Saturday) and some on Sunday too. Guess it's the nature of the job.

He took Kira to another daddy/daughter princess ball tonight. Kira was so excited to go! They came home fairly early though because Kira was tired (she fell asleep on the way home). It's great that he can spend some alone time with her.

I guess for nothing much new, I sure filled up a page... ;) Hope all is well with everyone else!

Amy

No comments: