Saturday, April 18, 2009

Our vacation to Indy

We had a really fun mini-vacation to Indianapolis. We really haven't been there before to stay. We stayed at a hotel that had an indoor water park. The first day, we got there about 4 in the afternoon and just played in the pool till bedtime. Boy, that was interesting.... the kids haven't had too many times sleeping outside their own beds. They only had rooms with two double beds so Kyle got one, I shared one with Kaylee and Kira got to "camp out" on the floor. It was so funny because she laid down and got up after a few minutes saying "I can't lay there, my back is killing me". We put some more cushioning down and it got her by. Kaylee had a hard time going to sleep and she is quite a restless sleeper, I found out. At 3:42 a.m. I got up to use the restroom and turned down the A/C because I was freezing. I laid back down and tried to sleep but was still cold so I got up again to adjust it. That woke Kaylee up and she was awake until after 6 a.m. but then we both were able to sleep for awhile longer. Not fun! Kira woke up during that time too but she went back to sleep ok. We finally got up and going a little later that morning to the zoo. It was really fun and the kids had a ball looking at all the animals. We loved the dolphin show and touching the sharks. It was beautiful weather, we couldn't have asked for better. It was a long day and it was the second day that Kaylee didn't nap so she was exhausted at the end and fell asleep in the car on the way back to the hotel. We ate dinner then went to the pool again for awhile. Needless to say, everyone was so tired we all slept much better that night.

The next morning we got up and got ready because we were going to go to the Children's museum. Well, plans changed as soon as we went out to our car. Someone had broken in overnight! They broke the passenger window out and all they took was the little book with all of the girls' movies and the instructions manuals for the car. There wasn't much in the car to take but they left stuff I would have thought they would take. Probably some kids just trying to see what they could get into. I was so irritated more about the hassle of it all. So, we had to find a glass shop to come fix it and get the police to file a report. What a pain! Kyle mostly dealt with all that and I took the girls back in to swim for awhile. We got it all fixed up and headed out about 1:30 - earlier than we had planned but we were pretty much wiped out from it all. Nothing like adding $500 in damages and a couple hundred more to replace movies that we weren't planning on. At least we had fun for most of the trip and we'll just plan to head back over again soon to see the museum. All in all, a fun trip!


1 comment:

Tiff Gatten said...

Ugh! Why do things always go wrong on a vacation? I'm really sorry for you. That sucks. I'm glad you had fun otherwise though.